November 28, 2017
Category: Recipes and How-to's
#GoghCelebrate: Holiday Entertaining
The holidays are known as the, “the most wonderful time of the year” for a reason. Between the sparkly dresses, spiked cocoa and stuffed calendars, there’s never a dull moment! This year, make the season’s festivities even brighter by adding touches of creativity that’ll take your party from “silent night” to “party all night”.
DIY Personalized Glasses
Personalize your party by customizing glasses with guests’ initials. Not only does it add an intimate touch, but it makes a fantastic party favor as well.
What you’ll need:
- Letter cut-outs
- Contact paper
- Etching cream
- Paint brush
- Masking Tape
- Champagne glasses
- Create stencils by printing enlarged letters and cutting it out. Place the letter on a piece of contact paper, which has a sticky back that will adhere to glass. Trace the letter, then cut it out with a utility knife, discarding the letter itself and reserving the contact paper template. NOTE: Remember to reserve the center cutouts of letters with closed shapes, like O and A.
- When applying your design, always clean and dry the glass first. Next, press the design onto the glass and rub hard. Apply masking tape around the edges to avoid spill over, as the cream will leave a permanent mark. Using a paintbrush, apply a thick layer of etching cream to the glass. NOTE: When using etching cream, remember to wear gloves and an old shirt with long sleeves.
- Wait 5 minutes, then rinse off the cream with warm water, and remove the stencil.
Wrapping that Wows
Elevate the presentation of your present! Make your gift stand out by securing a special touch in the middle of your ribbon. Our favorite additions include:
- Cinnamon stick and fresh winter greenery
- Curled accent ribbon
- Candy cane
- Recipient’s initial
- Pine cones
- Silver bells
- Ornate snowflake
- Fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme
Spiked Hot Chocolate Bar
Make drinks part of the entertainment with a build your own hot chocolate bar! Not only will your guests’ creativity run wild, but you’ll get out from behind the bar!
- Set out Van Gogh Vodka dessert expressions including: Van Gogh Double Espresso, Van Van Gogh Dutch Caramel, Van Gogh Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate. We suggest 1 ½ oz. per each cocktail.
- Whip up a batch of your favorite hot cocoa
- Let guests mix and match their favorite toppings like marshmallows, cinnamon, sprinkles, chocolate chips and peppermint sticks.
Want more? Get inspiration from our Timeless Thanksgiving Touches blog post, and don’t forget to follow our social channels!